Wednesday, September 10, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like.... Summer!

So I've cracked open an assortment of old Stampin' Up designer series papers in fun, playful designs and paired them with one of my favourite stamp sets, Cycle Celebrations, to come up with some simple, cheerful designs that remind me that Summer is just around the corner (well, three months away and counting!) 

I love the simplicity of plain kraft backgrounds: it makes the colours pop without being too much. 
One of the things I most enjoy about card making is colour matching products like ribbons, buttons, papers and inks. This is Stampin' Up's specialty, but something that took me awhile to click onto to! All of their products are easily matched and come in delicious colour combinations that make designing effective cards a breeze.

Sticking to one or two colours plus a neutral is a simple formula for success.
I've used pool party, crisp cantaloupe, tangerine tango and daffodil delight.
I like to stamp my envelopes, too, for a little extra effect.








These cards will be going to a friend's shop for sale.
Passing the sunshine along.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment